(Part Four of Five in my Carmen Sandiego series is pic-heavy, with animals galore)
Well she’ll ransack Pakistan and run a scam in Scandinavia,
Then she’ll stick ‘em up Down Under and go pick-pocket Perth,
She put the Miss in misdemeanor when she stole the beans from Lima,
Tell me where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Oh tell me where in the world is… Oh tell me where can she be?
Pakistan = no
India is higher on the list and it’s not even tentatively scheduled.
Scandinavia = yes
Sweden, I visited in 2007. The other Scandinavian countries: Norway, Denmark, Finland were done in 2010. Iceland was visited on the way to work in France in 2009.
(Norway is covered in “Nashville to Norway“)
1) Meeting Iraqi refugees at a place for asylum seekers (in Gothenburg).
2) Of course…
Denmark: Getting all sorts of free food that I braved a downpour to get to (see: Lowlights).
Finland: Getting to see sunlight past midnight.
Iceland: Icelandic horses!
1) Going through a downpour on a bicycle to get to a CS meeting.
2) Having to run around the world’s longest modeling runway to get back to one host in time to grab my bags to switch to another.
Finland: Not getting to hear the Finnish robot alien accent that I love dearly.
Iceland: Another place where cost is killer.
Down Under = yes
1) Hanging out with Jumana, a girl I had met during my first big travel in 2004 and hadn’t seen for 3 years.
2) Hanging out with and touching the crazy animals of Tasmania at the Trowunna Animal Reserve.
Lowlights: 1) Canberra. 2) Canberra. 3) Canberra. One of my two least favorite cities in the world. (The other is Reno, NV.)
4) Having my rental car break down in Tasmania and the ensuing fight with the rental car company over the hotel the claimed they cover and the price to fix an insured car.
Perth = no
Airfares and a job waiting for me in Taiwan precluded me from going to Western Australia during my trip to Australia in 2007.
Lima = yes
The capital of Peru, it was a fairly boring city. Flat, for a lot of the center.
Lowlights: Another place in South America where I could not find a CouchSurfing host.
All pictures can be found at http://flickr.com/roniweiss